Pharmaceutical Needs Assessments for England and Wales
Put your PNA in expert hands
Health and Wellbeing Boards in England have a statutory requirement to update their Pharmaceutical Needs Assessments (PNAs), for Health Boards in Wales this is every five years. This is an important document that has implications on commissioning services and delivery of equitable, high quality pharmaceutical services.
Healthy Dialogues has specialist expertise in the production and publication of PNAs. We have developed a streamlined and systematic approach to assessing population needs and pharmacy provision.
Our methodology includes:
- Establishing governance procedures and protocols, project scoping and planning
- Gathering insights from resident, provider and stakeholder engagement, including CCGs, LPCs, Healthwatch, Health and Wellbeing Boards, the local authority and the voluntary community sector
- Service user and contractor surveys
- An Equality Impact Assessment
- Assessing current and projected population health and wellbeing needs assessment
- Providing a draft PNA document and delivery of a 60-day public consultation
- Publishing and presenting a final report compliant with the latest Department of Health guidance and the NHS (Pharmaceutical Services and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 to the Health and Wellbeing Board
- Providing a template for or maintenance of supplementary statements after publication
With our PNAs you will get a valuable technical tool that supports your Health and Wellbeing Boards in future commissioning decisions.
The report will include:
- A full population health and wellbeing needs assessment including local insights as to pharmacy provision and how pharmacies support those with protected characteristics
- Easy to understand, attractive, colour-coded
- Opening times
- Distance analysis
- Transport links & accessibility
- GP & dentist locations
- Ward-level health & wellbeing Inequalities
- Population projections
- An overview on essential services, advanced services, locally commissioned services, improvements and better access (gaps in provision), necessary services (gaps in provision) and other locally commissioned services.
Get in touch to discuss how we can help you with your PNA.