Connecting, Inviting, Signposting
Making every contact count (MECC) is about upskilling frontline staff so they are confident in identifying and making the most of every opportunity to help people improve their health and wellbeing.
The MECC approach:
- Is supportive and encouraging
- Follows a simple conversation structure that takes 3 minutes
- Values and promotes people’s personal choices
- Provides referrals and information for support
Healthy Dialogues offers bespoke half-day workshops for frontline professionals to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to use simple behaviour change conversations and appropriate language to effectively signpost people to the services they need.
By the end of the course practitioners will:
- Be skilled at connecting with people
- Recognise appropriate opportunities to invite conversations about health and wellbeing
- Understand challenges people face when making health behaviour changes
- Know how to signpost to the local services and support that is available
This training incorporates information on local health demographics, population needs and the key messages to address them. It also includes an introduction to behaviour change theory and the benefits of delivering MECC through the workforce.
Each training programme is evaluated on learning outcomes using pre and post questionnaires.
To be confirmed.